- SD APCD Asbestos Presentation
May 8, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Did you know that it is an urban myth that asbestos was banned in construction material in this country in the 1980’s? It’s true!
Even today, you can most likely wander down to a local construction supply house and purchase products that STILL contain asbestos. Sample products include roofing, flooring, and many other construction material products.
This interactive discussion, provided by the County of San Diego Air Pollution Control District, will include the following topics:
- Asbestos background (current uses and dangers)
- Applicability of Rule 1206
- Asbestos survey requirements
- Notification requirements for renovation and demolitions
- Asbestos removal requirements
- Asbestos waste and disposal requirements
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to learn more about what is required when performing work in an environment that may contain asbestos, and be able to ask important questions that you may have about your specific situation.