Technical Risk Control Consultant, Commercial Insurance
Job ID 93305Job Location Los Angeles, California
Advance your career Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company We are searching for a Risk Control Consultant to join one of our clients dedicated team in the Los Angeles Metro area. This position may be “work from home”, due to the dedicated aspect of the account, but does require the majority of each workday at various customer locations. In this role, you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with our client’s Risk Management and Health & Safety teams to identify, quantify, and reduce/eliminate safety hazards. Our clients dedicated team takes pride in its reputation for responsiveness and proven track record for pro-actively identifying opportunities for impact, and for developing solutions that have proven time and again our value in mitigating loss for this high-profile customer. The right candidate for this role will bring strong relationship-building skills, acute customer focus, and a passion for quality execution as well as the requisite technical skills and experience.
Please Note: This position is eligible to be hired at differed levels depending on experience.
- Work with our clients Management and employees to provide comprehensive and highly-sophisticated risk control consultative services.
- Conduct on-site evaluations, evaluate data, and creates/implements service plans to control customer’s source of risk, losses and costs.
- Provide risk assessment services and information to track progress and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual.
- Due to our clients operating schedule, position requires occasional early morning/late evening appointments and overnight travel to various locations. Overnight travel varies and is dependent upon customer need, but may be up to 25% of the time.
- Primary service territory includes Los Angeles and special project work in other states.
- Position requires regular (daily) travel to and from targeted locations with the customer.
Key Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Has a strong focus on the customer, exceeding their expectations
- Works with a sense of urgency to address customer requests or problems
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and to juggle competing priorities
- Handles customer feedback constructively without getting defensive
- Demonstrates personal energy and stamina
- Capacity to become trusted advisor and partner to client
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with coursework in math, engineering or related areas (or equivalent).
- Required: Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Preferred: Risk control consulting experience in the field of transportation.
- Required: Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts; the ability to interact and influence change within all levels of an organization, especially business executives; a strong team orientation; and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Required: Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Required: Demonstrated ability to retrieve and enter information using various proprietary software applications and create/modify documents and complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Office suite.
- Required: The knowledge, skills and other capabilities required are typically acquired through a bachelor’s degree with coursework in math, engineering or related areas (or equivalent) and at least 8 years of directly related consulting experience in risk control or progressive safety/heath field.
- Preferred: Candidates are typically working towards (or obtained) an advanced degree and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, or CPE.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed. We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Risk Control Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles Schedule: Full-time Salary: $98,900-$126,900 Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years) Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contact: Matthew Briggs, CDS, CDT
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Risk Control Services
West Region Manager – UPS ( 301-536-9102 * firstname.lastname@example.org