DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW UCSD Extended Studies and Public Programs (“Extension” or “ESPP”) is a self-funded division of the University of California, San Diego. With an operating budget of approximately $50 million, the division provides continuing education to adults in a university setting. In addition to a wide variety of professional development and personal enrichment topics of study, Extension supports a television studio, a large English language program, a retired persons program, college preparation programs for high school students, a career resources center, and research relating to emerging industries and career opportunities. Participants and partners in Extension programs include individuals, corporations, government agencies, and other academic institutions.
The Public Service Department at Extension addresses professional development needs related to medical and health-related fields. Participants are primarily from healthcare practice, including occupational health and safety. Curriculum must accommodate the spectrum from entry to very advanced levels of practice, and cooperation with campus faculty and medical administration is essential. Because much of the healthcare profession is heavily regulated, close attention to requirements and compliance is also vital.
POSITION OVERVIEW The Program Producer assists in the planning, implementation, and administration of new and established programs within the Public Service Department at UCSD Extension. Uses professional public educational program concepts in the completion of public education assignments. Works on programs and needs assessments that are of moderate scope and complexity. Modifies existing public educational programs or develops segments of larger programs. Specific responsibilities include implementing existing courses, participating in the development of new programs, student advising, assisting with the recruitment of instructors, assisting in the development of marketing plans and collateral, monitoring expenditures, and processing routine financial transactions.
- Please submit a cover letter for a complete application packet.
- Incumbent must be available for occasional evenings / weekends and may be required to attend conferences / programs both locally and out-of-town, as requested. Some overtime during peak periods may be required.
- Strong demonstrated experience in customer service in a university or college. Experience resolving issues including, but not limited to, complex requests, disgruntled students/instructors, and exceptions to policies.
- Experience in implementing, coordinating and administering new programs and courses in a continuing education environment, preferably in occupational health and safety systems.
- Experience participating and presenting in group discussions/meetings regarding systems, procedures, policies and goals of the department. Experience working within a team framework.
- Demonstrated experience writing /editing memos, routine correspondence, and business agreements. Excellent knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Demonstrated experience with financial tracking including monitoring expenditures and revenues, processing routine transactions, and preparing financial reports.
Incumbent must have own transportation, insurance, and a valid California Driver’s License.
Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
Duties may require direct contact with children (defined as individuals under the age of 18); completion of the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA) form will be required.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
UC San Diego is a smoke and tobacco free environment. Please visit smokefree.ucsd.edu for more information.