Safety Risk Manager
- Maintain written backup to all verbal agreements and decisions including all site visits, investigations, directives, safety topics (awards,certifications & employee warnings), meetings and work comp related doctor visits.
- Maintain the STAR program including training.
- Assist Project Team with generating,maintaining and organizing safety documents (site audits,permits,JHA’s,MOP’s, training certifications and etc)
- Assist PM/Foremen/Super on follow up with daily reports and safety meetings.
- Assist with PM/Foremen/Super on whom and how we are properly documenting internal audits,safety tool box talks, training and accident/injury incident investigation
- Build a good relationship with the contractor,client, vendors, partners and fellow employees through positive leadership by coaching and continual education.
- Develop a high level of respect and trust with all parties by having i
- Provide and empower others to deliver a positive non-confrontational safe work environment in and out of the office.
Scope of Work:
- Participate with PM/Foremen/Super on all internal Turnover meeting
- Thoroughly understand contract documents such as SMI scope,Contractors scope,as it relates to Safety.
- Thoroughly understand SMl’s MOD rating and track all injurie
- Directly responsible for managing all Injury/Accident investigations,initial doctor visits, follow ups and first point of contact with First Aid res
- Assist Executive officers and HR with monitoring and managing all accident/injury claims and implementing specific Back to Work program
- 1 Assist PM/Foremen/Supervisor in reviewing and understanding the key critical Safety issues relating to each project. When necessary provide input on sequencing,durations, feasibility, improvements and training.
- Assist PM/Foremen/Super on submittals for safety equipment selections on the basis of product knowledge, e.Safety, availability,labor savings, quality, and costs.
- Directly responsible for managing and procuring Safety supplies and
- Coordinate with PM/Foremen/Super on attending Job related meetings e. Safety, Kick Off/Job Walk, QC,and Troubleshooting.
- Assist PM/Foremen/Super on collecting and storing of Job photos related to Safety.
- Assist PM/Foremen/Super with generating and maintaining all Safety Binders.
- Assist PM/Foremen with procurement of all Safety related items (PPE, Shoring,Trench Plates,Safety Equipment,Fall Protection and etc).
- Assist Safety Committee with scheduling STAR Training and conductingthe monthly Safety Committee meetings.
- Maintain STAR reports and other computer generated Safety spreadsheets and reports.
- Proficiently operate all office and site equipment,including; Personal Computers, Copiers,Voice Mail,Fax machines, Safety Equipment,PPE and Fall Protection.
- Run errands, including picking up supplies and/or materials.
- Directly responsible for all STAR training needs (internally and externally).
- Conduct all employee orientations.
- 1. Ensure that every employee goes home Safely through ongoing quality training,positive leadership and risk management .
- Improve our MOD rating through employee training, site visits,seminars, insurance
meetings, tracking relevant statistics and participate in continuing education programs.
- 3. Maintain highest level of communication with the General Contractor, employees, vendors and
Contact: Sherwood Mechanical at 30 Top Gun Street San Diego, California 92121 (858) 679-3000 • FAX (858) 200-1050 STATE LICENSE 826366